Prayer: Father, I surrender...

Father God,
I come before You with a heart that feels exhausted, overwhelmed, and heavy. God, it feels like depression is swallowing me whole, like the darkness is getting louder than the hope I am trying so hard to hold onto. You see the battles I do not have the words to explain. You see the tears I wipe away, the moments I feel numb, the thoughts that tell me I am too tired to keep going. You see every part of me, even the parts I feel ashamed of, and You do not turn away.
God, remind me that my feelings are real, but they are not the final truth. Depression may feel like a wave crashing over me, but You are the One who holds me when I cannot hold myself. When my mind tells me I am alone, remind me that Your presence has never left me. When my heart feels broken beyond repair, remind me that You are close to the brokenhearted and that You are still working in places I cannot see.
Father, I am tired of fighting battles that nobody else knows I am fighting. I am tired of pretending I am okay when I feel like I am falling apart inside. Please meet me in this moment. Give me strength for today, not just for tomorrow. Give me the courage to take the next breath, the next step, the next small moment. Help me stop measuring my worth by how productive I am, how strong I appear, or how well I can hide my pain. Remind me that I am Your beloved child before I am anything else.
God, speak louder than the lies depression whispers. Tell my soul that I am not forgotten. Tell my heart that this season is not the end of my story. Tell me that the same hands that created the universe are holding me right now. The same God who carried me through every storm before will carry me through this one too.
Lord, bring healing to the places in me that feel wounded. Restore the joy I thought I lost. Bring people around me who can love me well and remind me of truth when I cannot see it for myself. Help me receive support without feeling like a burden. Help me believe that needing help does not make me weak, it makes me human.
Father, I surrender this heaviness to You. I surrender the fear, the exhaustion, the sadness, and the questions. I may not understand why I am walking through this valley, but I trust that You are walking with me. Even here, in the middle of my pain, You are still writing my story. Even here, You are still creating beauty from ashes.
Hold my heart tonight, God. Remind me that I am loved, chosen, seen, and never alone. Let Your peace cover the places where anxiety has taken over. Let Your light reach the parts of me that feel buried.
Amen.
Author Ellie Mont