Prayer: Let It Be Well...

Lord, it is well with my soul, not because life is calm, but because You are constant. Not because the winds are quiet, but because You are my shelter when they rise.
Storms gather without warning. Grief knocks at the door. Disappointment settles in places I hoped would hold joy. Yet beneath the noise, beneath the ache, there is a deeper current carrying me.
Teach me to anchor my soul below the surface of circumstance. When waves crash at the top, remind me that Your peace runs deeper still. When emotions surge, steady me in what is eternal.
Help me declare wellness over my soul not as denial, but as defiance. Not because I feel strong, but because You are. Not because I understand, but because I trust.
When uncertainty looms and outcomes remain unclear, remind me that my security is not tied to results but to relationship. You hold what I cannot control. You see what I cannot foresee.
Let me separate the chaos around me from the calm within me. The surface may tremble, but the depths can remain still. You dwell in those depths.
Wellness of soul is not the absence of sorrow. It is the presence of You in sorrow. It is not freedom from storms, but confidence that the storm does not have the final word.
Give me grace to whisper it through tears if I must. To sing it when my voice shakes. To stand in the wind and still say, it is well.
Let it be well with my soul today. Let it be well when answers delay. Let it be well when plans unravel. Let it be well because You are near.
My soul is secure not in ease, not in certainty, but in You.
Amen
Provided by "The Good Neighborhood Project"